The British Interplanetary Society is your inside connection with the space flight community. As space professionals, academics and enthusiasts worldwide, our members get the latest space news with expert analysis, and work together to advance knowledge and to advocate the exploration and use of space. For nearly 90 years, BIS has developed visionary concepts in spaceflight, from imagination to reality.
By joining BIS, you support our work to advance our future in space, and gain the following benefits:
– Regular issues of our publications, Spaceflight, the world’s leading space and astronautics magazine; JBIS, containing peer reviewed technical papers; or Space Chronicle, covering the history of astronautics
– Membership of a worldwide network of like-minded space professionals, enthusiasts and students
– Free access to our programme of lectures, including opportunities to meet astronauts and leading figures in space science, technology and exploration
– Access to the members’ section of the BIS website including exclusive lectures, videos and reports
– Access to the BIS library, one of the world’s most comprehensive astronautical collections
– Regular email updates from the Society
Membership runs from 01 January to 31 December each year.
If you join partway through the year, you will receive the back issues of your chosen magazines for the full calendar year of your subscription.
Membership can also be purchased as a gift.
If you are a UK Income or Capital Gains taxpayer you can opt to Gift Aid the fee for your membership. By doing this, as a registered charity, the British Interplanetary Society can reclaim 25p on every £1 that you give on your membership fee and any additional donations. This helps us deliver our mission and strategy, doing more to educate and inspire people about space exploration. Please state that you are happy for us to do this by ticking the box on checkout.
NB: BIS memberships are based on a calendar year from 01 January to 31 December.
This membership is for the calendar year 2023.
NOTE: ‘Confirmation of Order’ email notification issue (DEC 2022).
We are aware there may be an issue with the automated system not sending confirmation emails on completion of orders and memberships.
We are working to rectify this!
NB: This does not affect your purchases; please be assured that regardless of the email issue, all orders (products, memberships, fellowships, and renewals) are still automatically logged on the database and valid from the date of purchase.
All memberships will be able to access the Member’s area and digital SpaceFlight magazines, immediately after purchase, as well as access to any additional membership choices.
However, if you experience any issues or have any queries regarding your membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org during this holiday period.